A Message from the Principal- 5/15/20
I wanted to take this time to thank you for your continued support, patience, and understanding during these challenging times. It was great to see so many families this week during student materials collection! Monday, May 18 will be the last day of student materials collection for 8th grade students, and I encourage all families to stop by Frost on Monday if you were not able to previously attend any of the pick-up days. Social distancing guidelines will be followed and masks must be worn at all times in the building. Please contact me directly if you have any additional questions and we can schedule an alternative pick-up time for materials as needed.
The Frost Staff continues to be very proud of the hard work and determination our Spartans have displayed throughout V-Learning, and thank you again for your diligent commitment to ensuring your child’s educational success. As always, remember to be Frost Strong!
Quick reminders to support Frost students and staff through the final days of V-Learning:
- Reminding your child to sign in to their first period Google Classroom and complete the attendance form on a daily basis. This routine needs to continue to happen even on days if your child’s first period class is the subject they are excused from due to staff having a plan day.
- Reminding your child to check their email multiple times a day as staff sends out regular reminders and feedback via email.
- Asking your child to show you the work they are completing in their Google Classrooms each day.
- If your child has completed a V-Learning assignment for a class AFTER the assigned due date, please remind your child to email the teacher for that class notifying them that the assignment has been completed and submitted. This communication from your child to their teacher in these situations is crucial in making sure Infinite Campus accurately reflects the work your child has been completing.
Please read below for more important details and information:
- No Virtual learning will take place on Mondays the rest of the year, as these are staff plan days. Students can use Mondays to catchup on any assignments.
- May 18 – 8th Grade locker cleanout. Families that missed previous days are welcome on Monday
- May 18 – Staff Planning Day – No V-Learning for Students
- May 25 – No School – Memorial Day
- May 27 – Last Day of student virtual learning
- May 27 – Virtual 8th Grade Graduation broadcast at 7 PM
- May 28 – 8th Grade technology return
- May 29 – 7th Grade yearbook pickup
8th Grade End-of-Year Information
Locker cleanout/graduation item pickup
May 14-18 – 8th graders will have the opportunity to come to Frost to cleanout lockers, turn in D54 owned items and receive graduation gowns and yard signs. Masks must be worn at all times in the building. Please click here for the link to sign up.
Chromebook drop off and pick up of diploma and other items – Drive Thru Model
May 28 – 8th graders will drop off musical instruments, Chromebooks, and Chromebook chargers. Upon receipt of district technology, 8th graders will receive diplomas, medals (if ordered), and yearbooks (if ordered).
- 8th graders last names A-L – 7:30 am to 11 am
- 8th graders last names M–Z – 12 pm to 3 pm
7th Grade End-of-Year Information
Yearbook pickup – Drive Thru Model
May 29 – 7th graders who ordered a yearbook can pick it up at Frost. Additionally, they can drop off any materials that were still left at home. 7th graders will not turn in Chromebooks. 7th graders should keep Chromebooks, chargers and musical instruments at home for the summer.
- 7th graders last names A-L – 8:00 am to 10:00 am on 5/29
- 7th graders last names M-Z 10:30 am to 12:30 pm on 5/29
8th Grade Virtual Graduation
Due to the mandated school closure, we will be hosting eighth-grade graduation as a virtual celebration. Visit our school website at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, May 27, to view the graduation celebration video. During this celebration, we will have student speakers, show a video of peak moments, and list every student’s name.
In addition, we would like to provide you with a Frost Grad Sign 2020.pdf for your graduate to take pictures with! We would love for you to share any photos with us online using the hashtags #SpartanStrongerTogether #FrostClassof2020 or by tagging us @FrostSpartans on Twitter.
- Students will continue to conduct V-Learning through the D54 V-Learning Website. The website also contains a parent guide, a student guide and frequently asked questions.
- Junior high V-Learning classes will be held from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Since these classes are virtual and we understand that this schedule may not work for some families, students have the flexibility to complete tasks at any time. However, students participating during these V-Learning times will be able to interact in real time with their teachers.
Note from the PTA – Hot Lunch Cancellation
We hope this message finds everyone healthy & safe. Unfortunately, the Hot Lunch program will be cancelled for the remainder of the year. This is a very big loss to the Frost PTA as the hot lunch program is the ONLY major fundraiser. We are kindly asking you to consider leaving your funds with the PTA as a donation. All donations are greatly appreciated.
Regarding the funds that you have already paid – listed below are two options:
1) Receive a check mailed to you (checks must be cashed within 5-7 days after you receive the check)
2) You can DONATE what has already been paid to the FROST PTA (This is a charitable donation, so it can be used for TAX purposes and WE THANK YOU TREMENDOUSLY)
Please submit the following form by May 24, 2020: PTA Hot Lunch Refund/Donation
** IF YOU HAVE ALREADY CONTACTED THE PTA FOR A REFUND, PLEASE DO NOT FILL OUT THIS FORM **
If you have any additional questions, please contact Theresa Banks @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!
PTA – General Assembly Meeting
Please see the information below for the Frost PTA General Assembly Zoom Meeting on Wednesday, May 20th @ 3:30 PM:
Meeting ID: 529-355-2336
We want you to know the entire D54 community is here to support each other during this difficult time. If you find your family in need of support, please let us know. You can reach out directly to one of our school social workers or school psychologists. Mrs. Leong and I are also available to support as well. If you have a specific need, please do not hesitate to reach out to one of us.
- email@example.com – Kristen Carney, Social Worker
- firstname.lastname@example.org – April Luther, Social Worker
- email@example.com – Ashley Probst, School Psychologist
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Ellen Cruse, School Nurse
- email@example.com – Melinda Perez, Dean of Students
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Tricia Leong, Assistant Principal
- email@example.com – C.J. Schmid, Principal
District 54 Summer Camps Cancelled
Due to this unprecedented time we are faced with, all District 54 Summer Camps have been cancelled for this year. These camps include, Summer STEM, 54 Fitness League, Camp Creative, Language and Culture Camp, and Summer Instrumental Music. If you have submitted a payment for any camp, you will be issued a refund starting Thursday, April 30, and you should see a credit appear on your statement within 14 business days.
The camp facilitators are going to miss seeing students this summer. Students in all grade levels can stay engaged by participating in the School District 54 Summer Virtual Learning University, which is filled with fun activities and challenges for students and families to participate in together from home. The link for the Virtual Learning University will be on the School District 54 website in the last week of May.
Our Technology Department has been working to support students and staff as we all learn and work remotely. We understand that some families are experiencing slow speeds or problems with their providers, and we ask you to report that directly to your provider.
People experiencing problems with District 54 technology (Chromebooks and iPads for students) should email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can troubleshoot the problem via phone or email. If the problem cannot be resolved, we now have a technology drop-off program. To schedule an appointment to drop off a broken laptop, iPad or other device, you must first email email@example.com. Our district office is closed, so do not stop by without an appointment. By making an appointment, we can abide by the rules of social distancing and ensure we have a replacement device ready for you when you arrive.
Special Accommodations Website
The District 54 Special Education Department has created a special website with resources for the families of students who regularly receive accommodations at school. Click here to access the website, and find information about speech supports, behavior management, assistive technology, health and mental wellness, physical and occupational therapy, contact information and much more.
Registration for the 2020-21 School Year
Registration for the 2020-21 school year is underway for kindergarten through eighth grade.
Log in in to the parent portal, and update your information for next year by June 1, 2020. You must hit the SUBMIT button after reviewing the information, even if you don’t make any changes. If your children will not be attending District 54 schools next year, please contact your school office and let them know.
If you have previously created a portal account and cannot recall your username or password, you can reset them yourself from the parent portal website. If you have never created a portal account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to create one.
All families are required to prove that they live within District 54 boundaries every year. If we were unable to verify your residency electronically, you will have the ability to upload your residency electronically through your portal. If you do not have a portal account, you can also email the required documents to email@example.com.
Information about transportation and the consumable materials fee will be communicated at a later time.
Please visit our Frost JHS Website for the building calendar. Don’t forget to “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay updated with the latest news and information about the great things happening at Frost. Para información en español, favor de visitar Hispanoparlantes.