A Message from the Principal- 4/24/20
The Frost staff hopes everyone continues to stay safe and healthy during this time. We truly miss all of our students and will continue to support all members of the Frost community in any possible way. We are very proud of the hard work and determination our Spartans have displayed through V-Learning, and we will continue to become Stronger Together during this challenging time. Please continue to remind your child to check their email throughout the day to ensure they are receiving all of the important school updates. Thank you again for your diligent commitment to ensuring your child’s educational success.
Please read below for more important information about upcoming events at Frost:
- No Virtual learning will take place on Mondays the rest of the year, as these are staff plan days. Students can use Mondays to catchup on any assignments.
- Look for information regarding student pickup and drop off of materials soon.
- In addition, expect information about graduation, gowns, graduation pictures, and yearbook pickup soon.
We want you to know the entire D54 community is here to support each other during this difficult time. If you find your family in need of support, please let us know. You can reach out directly to one of our school social workers or school psychologists. Mrs. Leong and I are also available to support as well. If you have a specific need, please do not hesitate to reach out to one of us.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Kristen Carney, Social Worker
- email@example.com – April Luther, Social Worker
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Ashley Probst, School Psychologist
- email@example.com – Ellen Cruse, School Nurse
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Melinda Perez, Dean of Students
- email@example.com – Tricia Leong, Assistant Principal
- firstname.lastname@example.org – C.J. Schmid, Principal
Note from the PTA – Hot Lunch Cancellation
Hope this message finds everyone healthy & safe. Unfortunately, the Hot Lunch program will be cancelled for the remainder of the year. This is a very big loss to the Frost PTA as the hot lunch program is the only major fundraiser. We are kindly asking that if you wish your funds to stay with the PTA as a donation, there is no need to respond and Thank You so much.
If you would like a refund for your hot lunch, please send an email by April 30, 2020 requesting a refund with the following info:
– students first & last name
– students Lunch Period (*without this, refund will be delayed)
– “pay to” information
– “mailing address”
Send email to the attention of Theresa Banks @ email@example.com. The Frost PTA will be issuing refund checks within the months of May & June. If request is rec’d after April 30, might not be processed until next fiscal year.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!
- On Monday, March 30, through the end of the school year, District 54 will continue to interact with students through the D54 V-Learning Website. The website also contains a parent guide, a student guide and frequently asked questions.
- Families who do not have Internet access at home, can email VLearning@nullsd54.org. Spanish-speaking families who need assistance can contact BarbaraVelez@nullsd54.org or call 847-357-5074.
- Junior high V-Learning classes will be held from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., and students will follow their current schedule (including a break for lunch).
- Since these classes are virtual and we understand that this schedule may not work for some families, students have the flexibility to complete tasks at any time. However, students participating during these V-Learning times will be able to interact in real time with their teachers.
Our Technology Department has been working to support students and staff as we all learn and work remotely. We understand that some families are experiencing slow speeds or problems with their providers, and we ask you to report that directly to your provider.
People experiencing problems with District 54 technology (Chromebooks and iPads for students) should email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can troubleshoot the problem via phone or email. If the problem cannot be resolved, we now have a technology drop-off program. To schedule an appointment to drop off a broken laptop, iPad or other device, you must first email email@example.com. Our district office is closed, so do not stop by without an appointment. By making an appointment, we can abide by the rules of social distancing and ensure we have a replacement device ready for you when you arrive.
Special Accommodations Website
The District 54 Special Education Department has created a special website with resources for the families of students who regularly receive accommodations at school. Click here to access the website, and find information about speech supports, behavior management, assistive technology, health and mental wellness, physical and occupational therapy, contact information and much more.
Dual Language Virtual Learning Tips for Parents Part 2
Dual Language Parents please watch this video for tips to help your child complete virtual learning. https://youtu.be/czZfNfqlCY4
From The School Nurse
Check out the link below for handwashing experiment, handwashing videos and more.
Food Pantry Locations and Donation Opportunities
Families needing assistance may benefit from the following. The District 54 Foundation has created a Crisis Fund to provide support to our most at-risk students and families during this great time of need. Please click the link for the most up to date information on Food Pantry Locations and Donation Opportunities. https://sd54.org/2020/03/19/food-pantry-locations-and-donation-opportunities/
Foundation Crisis Fund
District 54 has received several inquiries from families asking if they can make a donation to support those in need during the school closure. Thank you for your care and concern for our community. Anyone wishing to donate is welcome to make a financial contribution to our District 54 Foundation Crisis Fund linked here.
Registration for the 2020-21 School Year
Registration for the 2020-21 school year opened on Monday, March 30 through the Infinite Campus Portal. If you have previously created a portal account and cannot recall your username or password, you can reset them yourself from the portal website. Go to http://sd54.org and click on Infinite Campus Parent Portal under Popular Links. If you have not previously created a portal account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to create one.
To enroll your child for the 2020-21 school year
Update Your Information: Log on to the parent portal by Monday, May 4, 2020 to review the current information and make any necessary changes. You must hit the SUBMIT button after reviewing the information, even if you don’t make any changes. If your child(ren) will not be attending District 54 schools next year, please inform our office where your child will be attending school in the fall so that we can prepare your child’s records for transfer. You can email our secretaries at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residency: All families are required to prove that they live within District 54 boundaries every year. If we were unable to verify your residency electronically, you will have the ability to upload your residency electronically through your portal. If you are unable to upload the documents needed at this time, you will be able to provide them in person when our offices reopen.
If your address information was verified electronically, you will not be prompted to upload residency documentation and will not need to provide any documents.
Information about busing and material fees will be communicated this summer. Should you have any questions, please contact our front office using one, or both of the above email addresses. Thank you very much.
Please visit our Frost JHS Website for the building calendar. Don’t forget to “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay updated with the latest news and information about the great things happening at Frost. Para información en español, favor de visitar Hispanoparlantes.