A Message from the Principal- 4/17/20
Mrs. Leong and I hope everyone continues to remain safe and healthy during this time. As we engage further with V-Learning, I want re-assure you that at Frost, our primary focus will continue to be attending to the social emotional needs of our students and staff. If your family is in need of emotional and/or physical supports, then please reach out to us. Also, please let us know if we can assist in any way to help your child connect and engage with V-Learning. Now more than ever, we need to become Stronger Together and display a true Frost Strong spirit! We continue to be proud of the great work being produced overall by students and staff! Thank you again for your diligent commitment to ensuring your child’s educational success.
Please read below for more important information about upcoming events at Frost:
- April 20 and 27 – No Virtual Learning, staff plan days
- March 30 – End of the School Year: Virtual Learning
We want you to know the entire D54 community is here to support each other during this difficult time. If you find your family in need of support, please let us know. You can reach out directly to one of our school social workers or school psychologists. Mrs. Leong and I are also available to support as well. If you have a specific need, please do not hesitate to reach out to one of us.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Kristen Carney, Social Worker
- email@example.com – April Luther, Social Worker
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Ashley Probst, School Psychologist
- email@example.com – Ellen Cruse, School Nurse
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Melinda Perez, Dean of Students
- email@example.com – Tricia Leong, Assistant Principal
- firstname.lastname@example.org – C.J. Schmid, Principal
Note from the PTA – Hot Lunch Cancellation
Hope this message finds everyone healthy & safe. Unfortunately, the Hot Lunch program will be cancelled for the remainder of the year. This is a very big loss to the Frost PTA as the hot lunch program is the only major fundraiser. We are kindly asking that if you wish your funds to stay with the PTA as a donation, there is no need to respond and Thank You so much.
If you would like a refund for your hot lunch, please send an email by April 30, 2020 requesting a refund with the following info:
– students first & last name
– students Lunch Period (*without this, refund will be delayed)
– “pay to” information
– “mailing address”
Send email to the attention of Theresa Banks @ email@example.com. The Frost PTA will be issuing refund checks within the months of May & June. If request is rec’d after April 30, might not be processed until next fiscal year.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!
Note from the PTA – Frost PTA Nominating Committee Report
The Nominating Committee of Robert Frost PTA submits the following as the slate of officers for the 2020-2021 school year. Officers will be voted upon at our General Membership Meeting in May; invite forthcoming.
Gena Angelino President
Tracy Olender 1st Vice President
Traci Garcia 2nd Vice President
Lisa Seed Corresponding Secretary
Colleen Singh Recording Secretary
Stephanie Tamburello Treasurer
Respectfully submitted by Frost PTA Nominating Committee:
Shila Khan, Theresa Banks, Lisa Seed, Tracy Wojchowski
School Closure Reminder through the End of the School Year
On Friday, April 17, 2020, Governor Pritzker announced that all schools will remain closed for the remainder for the school year.
Virtual Learning Schedule
The state has provided school districts with Remote Learning Planning Days. On these days, students will not participate in virtual learning. Staff will use these days to continue to enhance the delivery of our curriculum. Those dates are April 20 and 27.
V-Learning class schedule for the week of 4/20
- Monday, 4/20: Students will not participate in V-Learning – Staff Remote Learning Planning Day
- Tuesday, 4/21: V-Learning Resumes – Students will participate in all classes except Social Studies.
- Wednesday, 4/22: V-Learning Continues – Students will participate in all classes except P.E.
- Thursday, 4/23: V-Learning Continues – Students will participate in all classes.
- Friday, 4/24: V-Learning Continues – Students will participate in all classes.
- On Monday, March 30, through the end of the school year, District 54 will continue to interact with students through the D54 V-Learning Website. The website also contains a parent guide, a student guide and frequently asked questions.
- Families who do not have Internet access at home, can email VLearning@nullsd54.org. Spanish-speaking families who need assistance can contact BarbaraVelez@nullsd54.org or call 847-357-5074.
- Junior high V-Learning classes will be held from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., and students will follow their current schedule (including a break for lunch).
- Since these classes are virtual and we understand that this schedule may not work for some families, students have the flexibility to complete tasks at any time. However, students participating during these V-Learning times will be able to interact in real time with their teachers.
Our Technology Department has been working to support students and staff as we all learn and work remotely. We understand that some families are experiencing slow speeds or problems with their providers, and we ask you to report that directly to your provider.
People experiencing problems with District 54 technology (Chromebooks and iPads for students) should email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can troubleshoot the problem via phone or email. If the problem cannot be resolved, we now have a technology drop-off program. To schedule an appointment to drop off a broken laptop, iPad or other device, you must first email email@example.com. Our district office is closed, so do not stop by without an appointment. By making an appointment, we can abide by the rules of social distancing and ensure we have a replacement device ready for you when you arrive.
Special Accommodations Website
The District 54 Special Education Department has created a special website with resources for the families of students who regularly receive accommodations at school. Click here to access the website, and find information about speech supports, behavior management, assistive technology, health and mental wellness, physical and occupational therapy, contact information and much more.
Supporting your Child in the Target Language
If your child participates in the dual language or immersion program and you’d like some ideas on helping them at home, here is a video with some ideas Tips for Parents on Supporting Learning in the Target Language.
As the situation surrounding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus continues to change, District 54 is working with amazing community partners to provide food to families who are struggling financially.
- Willow Creek Community Church will also be running a mobile food truck distribution from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Wednesday in the District 54 Rafferty Administration Center parking lot, 524 E. Schaumburg Road in Schaumburg.
- District 54 staff will be working with Township High School District 211 to distribute meal bags with five days of lunches, five days of breakfast and a half gallon of milk from 9 a.m. to noon each Thursday at Hoffman Estates High School, 1100 W. Higgins Road in Hoffman Estates. This is a drive-through pickup. When you arrive at the school, please stay in your vehicle. We will load the bags into your trunk or back seat.
Again, we would like to thank the number of individuals and organizations who have inquired about how to make donations to help those in our community who may be struggling. We feel the best practice is to work with organizations who are currently offering these services in our community and will therefore not be collecting food. Please do not bring food donations to the district office as previously mentioned.
The Schaumburg Township Food Pantry and many faith-based charities are providing food to families in our community. Click here to access a list of these pantries on the Schaumburg Township website. In order to encourage social distancing, these organizations are not collecting food at this time.
You can find updates regarding food distribution on the District 54 website.
The District 54 Education Foundation has also created a new fund called the D54 Foundation Crisis Fund, which will be used to support our most at-risk families, including the 20% of students who qualify for free lunch. This emergency fund will help families impacted by this virus, and could be used in the future to provide immediate access to financial assistance for financially struggling families.
To donate, visit any of the following websites:
- District 54 Education Foundation – select Crisis Fund
- Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Schaumburg Township Food Pantry
Family Assistance Information
Families needing assistance may benefit from the following. These organizations ask that you please check their website before coming to ensure that they still have the food supplies.
- The Schaumburg Township Food Pantry is now running a drive-through pickup from 1 to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the township office, One Illinois Blvd. in Hoffman Estates. For more information, please call (847) 732-7166.
- District 54 staff will be working with Township High School District 211 to distribute meal bags with five days of lunches, five days of breakfast and a half gallon of milk from 9 a.m. to noon March 26 at Hoffman Estates High School, 1100 W. Higgins Road in Hoffman Estates. This is a drive-through pickup. When you arrive at the school, please stay in your vehicle. We will load the bags into your trunk or back seat.
- Church of the Holy Spirit Food Pantry, 1451 Bode Road in Schaumburg, is offering drive-through pickup on Thursdays from 2 to 5 p.m. near the garages.
- Willow Creek Community Church will also be running a mobile food truck distribution from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, March 25, in the District 54 Rafferty Administration Center parking lot, 524 E. Schaumburg Road in Schaumburg.
- Living Hope Food Pantry, 777 Meacham Road in Elk Grove Village, is offering drive-through pickup on Thursdays from 11:30-noon.
- Trinity Charities Food Pantry, 927 Plum Grove in Schaumburg, is open from 4 to 6 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays.
Registration for the 2020-21 School Year
Registration for the 2020-21 school year opened on Monday, March 30 through the Infinite Campus Portal. If you have previously created a portal account and cannot recall your username or password, you can reset them yourself from the portal website. Go to http://sd54.org and click on Infinite Campus Parent Portal under Popular Links. If you have not previously created a portal account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to create one.
To enroll your child for the 2020-21 school year
Update Your Information: Log on to the parent portal by Monday, May 4, 2020 to review the current information and make any necessary changes. You must hit the SUBMIT button after reviewing the information, even if you don’t make any changes. If your child(ren) will not be attending District 54 schools next year, please inform our office where your child will be attending school in the fall so that we can prepare your child’s records for transfer. You can email our secretaries at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residency: All families are required to prove that they live within District 54 boundaries every year. If we were unable to verify your residency electronically, you will have the ability to upload your residency electronically through your portal. If you are unable to upload the documents needed at this time, you will be able to provide them in person when our offices reopen.
If your address information was verified electronically, you will not be prompted to upload residency documentation and will not need to provide any documents.
Information about busing and material fees will be communicated this summer. Should you have any questions, please contact our front office using one, or both of the above email addresses. Thank you very much.
Please visit our Frost JHS Website for the building calendar. Don’t forget to “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay updated with the latest news and information about the great things happening at Frost. Para información en español, favor de visitar Hispanoparlantes.