Reminders for this week’s events:
Please read below for important information about this week’s events:
Monday, 5/21 D54 Conference Track Meet for Seventh Grade: Due to the rainy weather and upcoming District 54 conflicts as we end the school year, today’s meet has been cancelled and will NOT be rescheduled. Team conference champions will be determined based on the Dual Season records.
Wednesday, 5/23 Spartans Walking for a Cause: Over the past month, our Frost community has been working hard on raising money for our first annual Walk-A-Thon, which will benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities. The actual Walk-A-Thon will take place on Wednesday, May 23, 2018. Below, please find a few reminders for the day of the Walk-A-Thon:
- Send your student to school with a water bottle and a sack lunch. They will be able to carry their water bottle with them during the Walk-A-Thon. We will be eating lunch from 10:45am-11:15am.
- Make sure that your student is dressed for the weather; dressing in layers would be best. They should wear comfortable shoes for walking, comfortable clothes for participating in activities and bring sunscreen, bug spray and sunglasses/ hat as needed. We will be outside for most of the morning and we want to make sure they are prepared to be comfortable.
- During the Walk-A-Thon, there will be a dunk tank to raise money for Ronald McDonald House Charities. The students will be able to purchase two throws at the dunk tank for $1. In the dunk tank will be some of our brave staff members who are doing all they can to help our Walk-A-Thon be successful. Please send your student with money if they would like to participate and donate money towards the charity.
- On Tuesday, May 22, 2018, your student will receive their Walk-A-Thon t-shirt. Please encourage them to wear their t-shirt on Wednesday, May 23, 2018, which is the day of the Walk-A-Thon!
We thank you for your support of our first annual Walk-A-Thon. We hope that this event is a positive, memorable experience for your student. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Front Office at 847-357-6800.
Thursday, 5/24 Eighth Grade Graduation Ceremony: The graduation ceremony will begin promptly at 8:45 p.m. at Conant High School on Plum Grove Road in Hoffman Estates on Thursday, May 24. Graduates should arrive by 8:15 p.m. and report to the cafeteria. Designated seating is available on the gym floor for guests with special needs. Graduates with last names A-Kr will be seated on the east side of the gym, while Ku-Z will be on the west side. Use these guidelines when selecting your seat. Mead Junior High School will be graduating at 6:00 p.m. so please be respectful of their exit when you enter for our ceremony. At the conclusion of the ceremony, please meet your graduate in the following locations:
- Graduates with last names A-Kr will meet their parents down the hallway leading out to the east doors/east parking lot (please note, students will not be allowed re-entry to the cafeteria after the ceremony)
- Graduates with last names Ku-Z will meet their parents down the hallway leading out to the south doors/south parking lot (please note, students will not be allowed re-entry to the cafeteria after the ceremony)
Students who have any missing assignments and students being promoted but did not meet district standards, will not be allowed to attend the ceremony. All assignments are due Thursday, May 24, by 2:15 p.m. Final grades for eighth grade students will be calculated on May 25. As a result, the Presidential Achievement Awards (Gold and Silver) will not be determined until after the graduation ceremony. Students will receive their certificates for those awards by mail after the ceremony.
Tickets are not required for the ceremony. However, we recommend that you limit your group to six family members. The Conant gym is large and should accommodate the estimated 2,000 guests without any problem. Please try to limit your guests to family members only. Please note the temperature during the ceremony in the Conant gymnasium can be excessively hot. Unfortunately, we have no control over the gymnasium temperature. As a result, we recommend that you please dress accordingly, bring items to help keep you cool such as a hand fan and/or water, and make every effort to sit in the lower level near the floor where it is cooler.
Graduation gowns will be distributed today, Monday, May 21 at the end of the school day. We recommend that students wear dress clothes under the gown. Please have your graduate hang there gown at least 24 hours before wearing it to ensure that the wrinkles come out.
A professional photographer from Lifetouch will be taking photographs of every graduate while receiving their diploma. A few days after the ceremony, you may view and order your graduation pictures online. If you choose to take your own pictures, please do not stand in an area that will interfere with the students entering and leaving the ceremony. Flowers or other gifts should be given to students after the ceremony. Balloons should not be brought into the building. Please remember that applause is the appropriate response at graduation, however it should occur at the conclusion of the ceremony to allow every family to hear the name of their child being read.
Please do not hesitate to contact the front office if you have any additional questions.
Important upcoming dates:
- Tuesday, May 22: Energy Summit
- Wednesday, May 23 Walk-A-Thon
- Thursday, May 24 Eighth grade graduation; last day of attendance for eighth grade students
- Thursday, May 24 Final day of pizza sales during lunch
- Friday, May 25: Pep Rally
- Monday, May 28 No school
- Tuesday, May 29 Field day
- Wednesday, May 30 Career day
- Thursday, May 31 Last day of attendance for seventh grade students
Please visit our Frost JHS website for the building calendar https://frost.sd54.org/ and para información de la escuela en español, favor de precionar bajo https://frost.sd54.org/hispanoparlantes/. Finally, don’t forget to “Like” us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/frostspartans and follow us on Twitter atwww.twitter.com/frostspartans to stay updated with the latest news and information about the great things happening at Frost. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your continued support and commitment to ensuring your child’s educational success.