We hope you have a nice, safe, and enjoyable summer! Below you will find some resources for our incoming 7th graders and new 8th graders.
Please make sure 8th graders arrive at Conant High School no later than 8:00 PM. The ceremony will start promptly at 8:30 PM.
Please make sure you take all pictures before the ceremony. Once the ceremony concludes, parents will not be able to take pictures of students in their gowns and will not be allowed in the Conant cafeteria.
We look forward to seeing everyone tonight!
8th graders will receive their graduation gowns today. Please make sure to take the gown out of the package as soon as possible and hang it up so the wrinkles come out. DO NOT IRON YOUR GOWN! If your gown is damaged when you take it out of the packaging, please inform the office right away.
The school year is over, and the dual journey for the 8th grade dual students has also come to an end. The students have spent 9 years studying in both English and Spanish. They have become proficient in both languages. They have made friends, memories, and they have learned about other cultures.
Last Thursday, the 8th grade dual students had a dual ceremony, where they got their diplomas from the representative of the Spanish Ministry of Education, and from the Director of Language and Culture of SD54. It was an emotional ceremony and the students had a deserved celebration for their hard work and their achievements!
Today, Frost held its Second Annual Energy Summit. 8th grade science students have spent the past several weeks researching alternative energies and how they can be applied and used in our local communities. These energies included geothermal, nuclear, wind, solar, hydrogen fuel cells, and biomass. Today, a selection of students had the opportunity to share their information with members of the village board, the school board, and the community. Special thank you to the following dignitaries who came to hear our students speak.
Rick King – Assistant Superintendent
Darlene Russo – Director of Business Services
Ben Loduha – STEM Coordinator
Ming Shelby – Quantum Learning Instructional Coach
Karen Strykowski – Board of Education
Congratulations to the Orchestra and 7th Grade Band for a stellar performance last night! Also, a big thank you to all the families who visited our Art, Spanish and STEM showcase!
Encore Nights continue tonight at 6PM with Art, General Music, and Media showcasing projects and live performances! The Chorus and 8th Grade Band will perform at 7PM. We look forward to seeing everyone!
Please join us tonight as we kick off the first annual Encore Nights where we showcase the Spartans’ work in their elective classes. Art students will be able to take all their projects home as well.
Tonight, we will be showcasing Art, Spanish, and STEM at 6pm. The Orchestra and 7th Grade Band performances will follow at 7pm.
Encore Nights will continue tomorrow evening with Art, General Music, Media, Chorus, and 8th Grade Band.
Greetings Robert Frost Community,
Please read below for information about our goals to raise student achievement and create a positive culture at Frost.
- Achievement Goals: Frost is very proud to announce that our spring MAP tests have concluded and we have many reasons to celebrate. We attained both of our stated MAP growth target goals as our students met or exceeded their spring MAP growth targets in reading and math at the 95% nationally:
- Reading—our students scored at the 98% nationally placing Frost as one of the top 2% of US schools in reading achievement. In addition, Frost had the second highest number of students meeting or exceeding their spring MAP growth targets in District 54 and the second largest MAP reading growth improvement in District 54 compared to last school year.
- Mathematics—our students scored at the 99% nationally placing Frost as one of the top 1% of US schools in mathematics. In addition, Frost had the largest MAP math growth improvement in District 54 compared to last school year.
These achievement scores are a validation of the hard work that our staff and students put in throughout the school year. Congratulations to our students on a job well done! To celebrate making our achievement goals, we will be hosting a number of year-end events including a special pep rally featuring a hip-hop dance crew and a Frost Film Fest.
- Graduation: Reminder that the 2014 Frost 8th grade graduation ceremony is scheduled for Wednesday, June 4th starting at 8:30 PM at Conant High School. Specific details related to the graduation ceremony are in the link below and have also been sent to you via US Mail last week. If you have any questions, please contact the Frost front office.
Parent Letter-FINAL 14-15
- Graduation Homework Policy: Thank you for your continued support of your child’s academics. As we are into our third trimester, please continue to communicate with teachers and/or monitor grades online. As stated in School Board Policy, “Promotion and Retention of Students 6:280/6:280-AP, In order for eighth (8th) grade students to participate in the Graduation Ceremony, all academic assignments must be completed by the student and received by the teacher one (1) week prior to the ceremony.” We will continue to provide homework completion support for our students as we near the end of the school year. Reminder that all assignment are due on Wednesday, May 28th by 1:45 PM.
- Encore Night/Spring Music Concerts rescheduled: Due to the District 54 conference track and field meet being rescheduled due to a rain out, the Encore Night/Spring Music Concerts will be rescheduled to the following dates:
- Tuesday, May 27th: Orchestra and 7th grade band, Art, Spanish, and STEM
- Wednesday, May 28th: Chorus and 8th grade band, Art, General Music, and Media
- PTA: We will be holding our final PTA meeting of the school year before our Spring Music Concert on Wednesday, May 28th to install our 2014-15 Frost PTA board.
- Important End of the Year Dates:
- May 20th—Chorus singing tour to elementary schools
- May 20th—Conference track & field meet at Conant HS
- May 22nd—Spanish Dual Language graduation ceremony
- May 22nd—8th grade dance
- May 23rd—No school
- May 26th—No school (Memorial Day)
- May 27th—Encore Night: Orchestra & 7th grade band concert, Art, Spanish, and STEM
- May 28th—Encore Night: Chorus & 8th grade band concert, Art, General Music, and Media
- May 28th—Final day for homework assignments to be turned in
- May 29th—“Energy Summit”
- May 30th—Pep Rally
- June 2nd—Frost Film Fest
- June 3rd—“Frost Idol”
- June 4th—7th grade field day
- June 4th—8th grade graduation ceremony at Conant HS & last day of attendance for 8th grade students
- June 5th—Last day of attendance for 7th grade and EC students
- The District 54 Foundation is made up of a group of business leaders who dedicate their time and talents to fundraise for special projects in the district. Each year they sponsor several events to generate money to then turn around and put the money back into the schools via grants that teachers apply for. These grants help to enhance the school environment and programs. One of the Foundations most popular events is the Golf Outing. This Golf Outing will take place on June 9, at Schaumburg Golf Club. The Foundation is looking for golfers, but they are also looking for donors. More information about the District 54 Foundation can be found at http://d54foundation.com/. Please follow this link if you or your company are interested in sponsoring the event or a golf hole. http://d54foundation.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/555/files/2011/07/SponsorFormGolf2014-1.pdf . Thank you for considering supporting the District 54 Foundation and as always please let me know if you have any questions that I might be able to answer.
- Please see the following links: PBIS evening meeting and District 54 summer tech camp.
2014 summer tech camp flyer
Family and Community Meeting ‘Summer Transitioning’ 5-21-14
Please visit our Frost JHS website for the building calendar http://frost.sd54.org/events/ . Finally, don’t forget to “Like” us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/frostspartans and follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/frostspartans to stay updated with the latest news and information about the great things happening at Frost. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your continued support and commitment to ensuring your child’s educational success.
Have a great week,
So proud of our Frost Chorus for an outstanding tour! We had a great time singing for the students at Dirksen and Aldrin. We taught them about singing in 3-part harmonies and even had an awesome sing-a-long to “Let It Go”! Thanks for a great day!
The Frost Encore Nights including the Band, Chorus, and Orchestra concerts have been rescheduled due to our Conference Track Rain Date. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
The new schedule is as follows:
|Tuesday, May 27th||Art
|6:00 PM- 7:00 PM||Cafeteria|
|Orchestra and 7th Grade Band Concert||7:00 PM||Gym|
|Wednesday, May 28th||Art
|6:00 PM- 7:00 PM||Cafeteria|
|Chorus and 8th Grade Band Concert||7:00 PM||Gym|